1. Maps relating to Cardiganshire 2. Books
Donations help further support the work of the Society and are much appreciated
The old county of Cardiganshire situated on the west coast of Wales, UK, became part of Dyfed under the local government reorganization in 1974 before being reinstated in 1996 as a separate authority under the old Welsh name of Ceredigion. The county stretches from Cardigan in the south to Aberystwyth in the north and from Tregaron and Lampeter in the east to the coastal town of Aberaeron in the west. The county is a major stronghold of the Welsh language and covers an area of 1793 sq km.
The Society was formed in 1995 and its membership, both from home and abroad, has grown substantially during its short existence. Although it covers the whole of Ceredigion, at present most of its activities are based on the University town of Aberystwyth which also houses the National Library of Wales with its extensive archives on both family history and Welsh history in general. The County Records Office and the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales are also situated in the town.
For general enquiries, please write to:
The Hon. Secretary CFHS
St. David's Road
Please Note: this is an external link and GenFair has no control over the content.