CS130 - Wiltshire Asylum (Roundway) Burials 1852-1961

Description

A4 paperback. 110pp

The Wiltshire County Asylum was opened on the 19 September 1851 and cared for its patients until its closure on the 25 October 1995.

Many of the patients who were treated remained there until their deaths and were then buried in the grounds of the Asylum. Burials ended on the 1 May 1966 when the available space had been used. Burials were then transferred to the Devizes Borough Cemetery.

Download Specific Description

This publication is presented in a public domain format (pdf) file which can be read by the program Adobe Acrobat Reader or any other program that will read pdf files.
Searching can be undertaken by using the built in Adobe Reader search facility. Windows users can use bookmarks to drill down to individual index entries or to the nearest year for events in the transcripts. For Apple Mac users the file should open in Preview. Click the View button and select Table of Contents.
The file can be copied, printed and notes added, but cannot be changed.
As with any publication with transcribed or extracted data users are advised to consult the original material, which is at the Wiltshire and Swindon History Centre.
Please inform Wiltshire FHS of any errors or omissions, either by writing to Wiltshire FHS Publications, Unit 3, Bath Road Business Centre, Devizes SN10 1XA or emailing publications@wiltshirefhs.co.uk

£5.00

£5.00

Supplied by: Wiltshire Family History Society

Format: Book

Product Ref: WIL-CS130